PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Sites or Apps. This personal data may include your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number
- login and account information, including password and unique user ID;
- images, photos and videos;
- Activity data provided by you or generated through our Sites or Apps; or
- personal preferences including your reading lists as well as marketing preferences.
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information, and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
TOOLS TO MANAGE PERSONAL DATA
When using our Apps and Sites, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the Apps or Sites or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service.
If you use our Apps to track your reading activity, we will collect this data and store it so that you can review it in the App. Your reading activity data may include data you enter about your activity or data collected by your device during your activity. We may use this activity data to calculate further information about your activity, such as total books read so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the App.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites and Apps you may need to provide Reese’s Book Club, LLC with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. To share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events, and for Other Promotional Purposes
If you are an existing customer of Reese’s Book Club, LLC (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Reese’s Book Club, LLC products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Reese’s Book Club, LLC products or services - such as your use of Reese’s Book Club, LLC’s Sites and Apps, your visits to or purchases made in Reese’s Book Club, LLC stores, your participation in Reese’s Book Club, LLC events and contests - to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our Sites and our Apps that are associated with your account across devices.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products, and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps, and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Reese’s Book Club, LLC search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary in accordance with applicable law.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
Reese’s Book Club, LLC’s Sharing
Reese’s Book Club, LLC shares your personal data with:
- Reese’s Book Club, LLC entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we may keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your Reese’s Book Club, LLC account.
- Managing your personal data: You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us. Contact details can be found in the “Question and Feedback” section below.
- Managing your content: You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Site or App, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
- Managing your notifications: If you have a Reese’s Book Club, LLC account, you can opt-out of receiving Reese’s Book Club, LLC ’s marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings. Alternatively, you can opt-out by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the “Questions and Feedback” section below.
Reese’s Book Club, LLC collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. There may also be general resources for opting out of interest based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance which you may opt to use at your discretion.
Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS
Our Sites and Apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Sites and Apps can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services, and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your Reese’s Book Club, LLC account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Reese’s Book Club, LLC activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Sites and Apps may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, send us an email at email@example.com.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner in accordance with any applicable law(s).